Welcome to Neumannia (A.K.A. the Neumanns)

Our story... good, bad, happy, sad, glorious, humbling, & hopefully a little hilarious... so that someday,
when it's printed (for the sake of reviving our memory & inspiring our grown children) they will have
seen Jesus in our day to day lives... because in the end, that's the secret to Real Life!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

It's 2017...So It's Been Like 5 Years

So hello world…or more precisely the 10 or so people who actually read this in 2012!

Life has been incredibly FULL and Fb & Insta apparently filled the void of "having a voice" these past few years. But lately, that same feeling…so eloquently put by Amy Adams on screen, "I have thoughts!" keeps creeping it's way to the front of the line in my head. They are nothing that would blow your mind or create an ah-ha moment, but they're mine. For those of you ever pulled in multiple directions, find yourself constantly deferring, and watching time race by as if it it didn't realize you wanted to play a role in it, you find anything that is YOURS…you claim it! The irony of owning your thoughts forces one to ask the following questions:
Would people still like me if they knew my thoughts…not sure.
Does every thought I have need to be spoken or shared…don't think so & scripture has plenty to say on that matter.
There is something, however, especially with women, that feeling of wanting to belong or have someone else say,  "Me too!" So in an effort to NOT overwhelm the web, I will refrain from hurling it all out there and just attempt to address them more regularly. Oh wait…is that a New Year's Resolution? That will not work! So I will say I "hope" to "possibly" blog my thoughts more often and be pleasantly surprised if I do…just keeping it real!
So starting with the New Year…2017. How in the world did we get here? I've seen all sorts of celebratory posts & photos (which are beautiful & do not begrudge one bit) But I just couldn't bring myself to post one myself and that bothered me…cuz who doesn't love a good post I mean really!?! There has just been this heaviness about the approaching, now here year. Braden is a Senior…all good! Finished our 10 year project truck…thank you Jesus! Ethan started driving…will be good! Olivia's surgery was a success…hallelujah! Dan has a great job, kids healthy, have a roof over our heads, surrounded by family…I could go on & on! This heaviness though is nothing new…it's come before. Arriving before different events in our lives that have either directly or indirectly affected us. The planner in me wants to know who, what, when, where & why, but I have learned that I am not privy to that knowledge ever.  I get to watch and pray and years later say, "Oh Lord, I see now…" Jeremiah 29:11 has been a life verse and it has been lived out over and over in our lives. I know that whatever 2017 holds will have first gone through My Father's filter and that He will be with us through every step of the way…the truth is (here's the thought) I'm weary!
I have been a cheerleader it seems all my life…can't get away from it! First I was one that wore a skirt & cheered literally and now I just pull out my pom poms figuratively! I used to be pessimistic and somewhere along the lines I became the optimist…always looking for the good, the bright side, the reason, or the way the Lord will use this. How does that relate? I found that recently I keep looking around for my cheerleader…sounds silly I know. Even as I wrote this, the Lord reminded me that He is mine! I went to look for a verse on my phone and there He cheered me on with Isaiah 43:19 "Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will EVEN make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Jesus loves me…thoughts and all! #handsonhipssmilesonlips





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I am always so blessed to get glimpses into the lives of my students from many years past, especially when they are as strong in the Lord as you are. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being "real". I have difficulty organizing my thoughts to even put them into words on paper, but know exactly what yours saying. Thank you. God is in control and nothing in this world is a surprise to Him. That's what I've telling myself in times of anxiousness.

    ReplyDelete